Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default new DB location 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuller772

Technical User
Jan 10, 2004
US
Here's what I would like to do: When a db is created I would like the default location to point a path on the D: drive on my server instead of C:. I tried changing the location of 'model'; thinking it would use the same location as it, but it didn't.

I am running Sharepoint on this SQL instance and when a new site is created, it adds another db on the instance under my c: drive.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In SSMS, within the Object Explorer connect to the SQL Server in question. Right click on the server and select properties. Select Database Settings and select the new default data and log paths for the new databases.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

No problem.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back