Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default 'from' address

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotobi

Technical User
Mar 9, 2004
HK
Hi

I've given a user "Send As" permission for a distribution group "info@domain.com".

Is there any way I can set it so that her default "From" address is the distribution list. Then she'll just have to delete what's in the from field if she wants it to come from her.

Even better than this, what I'd really like to do is have it so that her "From" address is the distribution list only if she is replying to an email that was sent to the distribution list.

The only way I've seen this work before is to forget distibution lists and just set up an additional mailbox called "info" and attach it to the user's account in outlook. This way, when the user replies to an email in this account's mailbox, the from address is that mailbox's address (info@). However, I don't like this method as I have to manually attach this mailbox to everyone's account so all staff can check it if needs be. At least with distribution lists, the only thing that any user needs to do is go to the public folder.

Any siggetions would be great.

Thanks

Unfortunately, that's the only way to natively do it. I've heard of some commercial third party products, but I've never used them.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back