Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

default font 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnniec

Technical User
Oct 2, 2008
GB
A simple one for some I guess but for me I have searched for ages.

How do I set a default font because everytime I go to paste some text it always selects a different font (not one I have chosen)but I would like to set a font that is always there
regards
johnnie

...a few ways really...

...for the default font, open indesign without a document open, press command/control + T for the character styles palette...

..create new style, call it something like "custom default", then change the the character format in that new style. Ensure that style is highlighted, quit and relaunch. This method is one of the recommended ways...

...another method is to again have no indesign document open, change the font in the character palette to something else, quit and relaunch to ensure it has stayed...

...you can also change what font is used in open documents when applying new text boxes by changing the font before creating the box, select type tool, change font, create box...

...when pasting, you sometimes want to paste without formatting, choose "edit > paste without formatting" if you get odd results when doing a normal "edit > paste"...

andrew

============
============

...to add to my post above, you may also want to change the paragraph style default too, the same process as changing the default character style, by creating your own new one without a document open...

andrew

============
============

I have now installed InDesign CS4 Middle Eastern 6, Persian font and keyboard. I am however unable to type joined-up Persian. Have I missed something in the way setting? Can anyone help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back