Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

default email app

Status
Not open for further replies.

gymbeef

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
US
In case I can't get my email routine to work, here's my contingency: just call up the default email program and fill in the blanks.

I've done some searches and found a lot of routines that call Outlook, but they specificaly call "Outlook". How do I do call up whatever windows has as the default email app, without knowing what it is beforehand?

Thanks

Hi,

Look up the DoCmd.SendObject command - this should use the user's default email client.

John

To add to that:

Is there a way to use "Link Criteria" with SendObject?

I want to send data currently displayed in a subform as an attachment "rtf" format. The data, actually is presented in a "report" and that report is what I want to send.

What it does is:
Send ALL the data that the subform brings. I even tried to modify the query associated with the report to "filter" the data by the values in the "textbox of the form"

My code for "sendobject" is below (gymbeef, this might help you):

Dim stDocName As String
Dim stSubject As String

'Subject line of the Email
stSubject = "Site Visit Report of" & Me.FundName _
& " for Investment Year " & Me.txtInvestmentYear

'This is the report I want to be emailed
stDocName = "qrptSiteVisitEmail"

DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName, acFormatRTF, , , , stSubject, , True

Thank you.

RiderJon
"I might have created ctrl+alt+del,
But Bill made it famous" - Dr. Dave

Got the default email app (which happens to be Outlook on this machine) to come up and preload the fields OK. But the FIRST thing it does, before Outlook loads, is a pop-up from Windows itself (I assume) asking to select a "profile". I assume this is an XP thing. Is there a way to suppress it or set a default value so it doesn't appear?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back