Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Calendar Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

itcontractor

Technical User
Dec 20, 2004
GB
Hi all,

I have got an issue with a shared calendar, used for booking meeting rooms. I have got 3 owners of the mailbox who administer the calendar. I have also got a number of users who require access to add appointments to the calendar. ALL users require reviewer access to the calendar.

So at present I have it set up like this, 3 named owners, a distribution list for the users that can add appointments, and Everyone set as reviewer. Shouldn't be any problems!!

However, no matter what I set the Everyone permiisions to, it is overwritting ALL other permissions for anyone else other than the Owners! So if for example, I was to give the dist list Publishing Editor permissions and leave Everyone as Reviewer, the people in the Dist list would only have Revewier permissions. If I was to give Everyone permission level of Author, then all users would get that permission level applied?

Anyone got any ideas? Much appreciated!

Same problem for us.

I found a way of setting the permissions for everyone at false, but it had a strange affect, outlook went in offline mode and asked a password everytime it wanted to connect.

I gave the password but it didn't take it.

Resetting the permissions for everyone cleard this problem.

Everyone has now acces to these calendars and that is
not the meaning.

I have still got the problem. however, any update. if someone had access to the Calendar when we was running Exch 5.5, and now we have migrated the user to Exch 2003, they can still access the Calendar. But anyone who did not have access on 5.5 and now, using 2003, wants to have access granted to the calendar, the Default Permission level is taking precedent.

any ideas please? I have tried creating the Mailbox again but still same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back