Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Defaul Value in a form on First Entry Only - Then

Status
Not open for further replies.

clem

Technical User
Dec 5, 2000
US
Is it possible to have the FIRST value (default on first entry only)in a control on a form be different than the rest of the values that will be entered for the same control?

This part of the form is a sub-form and linked with with the main form with an autonumber. The mainform has Autonumber - Date - Shift- Machine Operator and Product being run. The subform is in datasheet view and needs to remain open during the 12 hour period, adding many line entries during the period - then the form will be closed when the new shift comes in for them to begin their 12 hour activity.

I need a form that when first opened, will have 7:30 AM (can skip the AM/PM stuff) hard-coded in the "StartTime" control; then before the form is closed at the end of a shift, the "EndTime" needs to be hard-coded to 7:30. This will hopefully help the operators not to skip any time periods.

My subform will have a "StartTime" control and an "EndTime" control (as well as YardsRun and DowntimeCode). There will be several entries for a 12 hour time period. We are trying to capture downtime versus production time for each shift.

EXAMPLE:​
[ul][li]StartTime EndTime DowntimeCode YardsRun[/li][li]7:30 8:45 25 0[/li] [li]8:45 9:10 Blank 2000[/li][li]9:10 9:20[/li] etc., etc. etc, until the shift is over 12 hours later.

Also, I need succeeding StartTime to default to the Previous EndTime (but only after the first entry)

How can I create my form to do what is needed? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have been struggling with this for over 24 hours now. No one has yet answered my first post - I'm not complaining, just desperate at this point. Is there ANYONE who can give me direction? I would be very grateful. Please see the following:

Is it possible to have the FIRST value (default on first entry only)in a control on a form be different than the rest of the values that will be entered for the same control?

This part of the form is a sub-form and linked with with the main form with an autonumber. The mainform has Autonumber - Date - Shift- Machine Operator and Product being run. The subform is in datasheet view and needs to remain open during the 12 hour period, adding many line entries during the period - then the form will be closed when the new shift comes in for them to begin their 12 hour activity.

I need a form that when first opened, will have 7:30 AM (can skip the AM/PM stuff) hard-coded in the "StartTime" control; then before the form is closed at the end of a shift, the "EndTime" needs to be hard-coded to 7:30. This will hopefully help the operators not to skip any time periods.

My subform will have a "StartTime" control and an "EndTime" control (as well as YardsRun and DowntimeCode). There will be several entries for a 12 hour time period. We are trying to capture downtime versus production time for each shift.

EXAMPLE:
StartTime EndTime DowntimeCode YardsRun
7:30 8:45 25 0
8:45 9:10 Blank 2000
9:10 9:20 etc., etc. etc, until the shift is over 12 hours later.

Also, I need succeeding StartTime to default to the Previous EndTime (but only after the first entry)

How can I create my form to do what is needed? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back