Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dect R4

Status
Not open for further replies.

reebokman

Technical User
Aug 9, 2007
Having issues with a Dect R4 connected to IP 500 Ver 6.08. The handsets will periodically lock up and users need to switch off and on again to getthem to work. All firmware in handsets and basestations up to date. This is happening on most of the 9 handsets installed, anyone got any ideas??

Upgrade to 6.0.18

Upgrade the basestations and phones to the right software level.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I have the same issue on 6.1.5 software. The handsets log off and display No Access on the screens.

I have not seen it before.
Are you sure everything is alright?
Is there enough coverage?
I have done a dect install with 23 basestations and about 60 phones and none of them have this problem.

What is the firmware version of the basestations and the dect handsetsets?

BAZINGA!

Did you check the availability of enough Avaya IP-Endpoint Licences?

without the IP endpoint licenses you can't even register the phones properly so that is not the problem I think.
I am just about to deploy an install with 12 base stations and 15 phones (big place) and in the lab I had no issues, I can tell you in about a week if mine are acting up.

You said it happens on most of the handsets, not all of them?
is there a difference in location for the ones that act up and the ones that are not?

Joe W.

We never had any Problems with DECT R4.

@Westi
You can register as many phones as you want. But you can only use (switch on) as many phones as you hav endpoint licenses in you IPO.

I've seen that before with a customer with four locations where the IT guys want to carry their phones to the 'foreign' locations. Those phones are registered with different extensions at different locations and the log into these extensions with their own extension via hot desking. They ran into problems if more phones are switched on than endpoint licenses where available.

Within SSA evry configured ipdect phone uses a license.
So i think you are wrong.

BAZINGA!

I've got the same problem with compact dect. All with the newest firmware.

I replace the compact dect for a normal dect and all problems are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back