Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DECT - Kirk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenKan

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2003
GB
Hi

We have a Kirk 1500 Dect system linked upto one of our IPOffices and wondered if anyone might be able to answer the following.

a) is it possible to use other non-Kirk handsets as maintenance staff have broken 4 in 6 months and the Kirk units aren't particularly rugged and quite pricey. Are there any Rugged handsets people could recommend?

b) Is the software different on the Kirk 3040 handsets and the Avaya DT20, as I understand it the DT20 is a rebadged kirk. But I see the DT20 can display the IPOffice directory and haven't found a way to do this on the Kirks. We are currently setting up VMPro's Dial by Name as an alternative.

Thanks
Steven Kan

Not that i have done it, but you should beable to subscribe any GAP compatible DECT handsets to the Base station via the CCFP To do this you will require the original handset manufacturers instructions for subscribing that handset and to find the S/N for the subscription, and registration in CCFP

Look at page 18 in the Dect installation guide on the 1.4 Engineers CD, as there are a few changes you need to do to the base station via CCFP.

hope this helps

Thanks for that,

Is the Serial Number the IPEI for the handset, if so are there any handsets that people can recommend with easy to find IPEIs, as I am aware that some handsets can be a bit nightmarish to get this info.

oops, just realised i can get the s/n from the CCFP status messages. Thanks anyway

Is anyone able to send me the PDF of the latest DECT installation guide as i can't find it on the Avaya website and only have the 1.3 engineer cd's at the moment.

ta

By setting the Dect base station to status level 2 it will automatically find the S/N - IPEI of a handset

see extract from manual

A difficulty may arise in determining the serial number of the handset so that it can registered on the Compact DECT systems prior to subscription.
To determine a handsets serial number
1. Set the Compact DECT system to allow subscription (see Subscribing Handsets on page 15).
2. Go to the CCFP programs Status page and set the Status Level to Level 2 (see MSF Status on page 24).
3. From the non-Compact DECT handset attempt to subscribe to the Compact DECT system using the handset manufacturer's instructions. The subscription will fail as the handset is not registered in the Compact DECT database but during the attempt its serial number will be displayed in the Receive Status display.
4. Note the serial number and add the handset to the registered handsets (see Registering Handsets on page 14). You should now be able to subscribe the

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back