Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DECT Handset isn't charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH64Armament

Vendor
Sep 5, 2008
US
I support a site that has a bunch of 5330's with the DECT handset. They've been closed and working remotely for the past 6 months or more. As folks are coming back to the office, they're noticing their phone display showing "Low Battery Level, Please recharge... DECT Handset..."

They're noticing this now, about a month after I was there to upgrade the phone system software and are wondering if the ugprade in some way impacted this. I've assured them that the handset has zero programming in the phone system and the upgrade shouldn't have had anything to do with the batteries failing. And that it's likely that the battery has failed due to being on the charger for so long without any use.

Now since Mitel doesn't make this any longer and their stocks are depleting rapidly (if they have any at all), we're in a bit of a bind with these not being serviceable.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
Does anyone know of a replacement battery pack?
I have our Mitel reps looking into this too.

The battery should be available. It uses the same as most gn 9300 series

this is the HANDSET, not headset... but thanks for the info on the GN9330e headset... I wonder if they are compatible with the Mitel DECT base and charger... do you have experience in that?

Handset_Battery_trhr5d.jpg
The handset battery can be replaced. A picture of the battery is attached. I know that iStream Communications in Pennsylvania will replace it for $89.00 (If you can find a battery, it's only two solder points).
As for your question on the GN9330e, I tried one years ago and it did not work with the Mitel Cordless Adapter. I called GN Tech Support and they told me that the headset Mitel was selling was a GN9330e but it had been modified to work with the Mitel Cordless Adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back