Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decryption Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

hysonmb

Technical User
Nov 7, 2003
US
I have a RIM Blackberry that keeps giving the "Decryption Error: Connect to your desktop" message and when connected it still gives the same thing. Other machines hooked up to the same computer have no issue and after doing the soft / hard resets and also the Application Loader checks, it still does not work. Anyone able to help with ideas is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

One procedure that solves many handheld problems for us is using Application Loader to completely erase and reload the unit. Click the Advanced button on the summary window to get to the erase options.

You can also try manually recreating the encryption key. I'm at home, so I don't have Desktop Manager in front of me. If I remember correctly it's the last DM icon (the one with Filters tab), then the Security tab.

Steve

Thanks for the response. We tried both of those ideas and to no avail. We finally gave in and called the device a failure. Luckily, some people just leave them laying around in the office when they go home for the weekend so we borrowed one that worked and replaced it when we were done. The unknown hero who left his Blackberry cradled saves the night!

Just curious, did you try regenerating the encryption key a couple of times?

Yes, we tried a many times, no less than 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back