Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DECprint Supervisor for OpenVMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobatcps

MIS
Jun 4, 1999
US
Hi there,<br>
<br>
I'm running DECprint Supervisor for Open VMS, V. 1.5, along with Pathworks, and recently purchased some new printers. We have been using HP LaserJet 5si/mx printers on the network and we recently got HP's replacement for this printer, the HP LaserJet 8000.<br>
<br>
The 5si/mx and the 8000 printers are setup using an IP address in the print que. On the 5si/mx, in order to specify an input tray, you use the parameter, for example, "input_tray=tray_2". Unfortunately, the 'tray_2' doesn't work on the 8000's. I've tried other phases with the input_tray qualifier (tray2, top, bottom, etc.), but nothing seems to work. We have high capacity input trays with these printers and the printer automatically defaults to this input tray (tray 4). The DCPS manual states that this is printer specific and has to do with the printers' PostScript interpreter. I've called HP support, and they couldn't provide any help. <br>
<br>
If anyone has a suggestion, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back