Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decompressing image fails on 460 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizzah

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2003
NL
Hi, when starting up a nortel 460 switch i see the following and then it just hangs...

Type: Address: Name:__________ Version:_______ InterOpVer:
DIAG 00000000 BayStack Diag 3.0.0.5
AGENT 00100000 BayStack 3.0.6.8 00000002

Test 102 ROM Config - PASSED
Test 104 FANs - PASSED
Test 207 NSXs Direct Registers - PASSED
Test 209 NSXs Indirect Reg/Mem - PASSED
Test 210 NSXs XRAM Adr/Data Lines - PASSED
Test 211 PHYs Register - PASSED
Test 212 NSXs Internal Loopback - PASSED
Test 213 CAM Interrupt - PASSED
Test 214 SNMP Interrupt - PASSED
Test 215 PHYs Interrupt - PASSED

Starting Agent Code..

Decompressing the image ...

Anyone have a clue if i can do something about this ? or should i just return the switch ?

kinda regards,
Peter

Press control C on bootup - you'll get a prompt saying "break acknowledged" or something like that.

You'll see a menu with a bunch of options. Here's what's worked for me in the past (going from memory here, so some things may not be 100% correct).

Select the option to clear logs/registers. Not exactly sure what this option was called exactly.

Select the option to download agent code. Enter the IP of the switch and your TFTP server when prompted. Load new software on the switch, and see what happens I've seen a couple times where this happens and reloading the software fixed the problem.

Thanx alot! that worked like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back