Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decommissioning Contact Center 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

captnamo

Technical User
Feb 2, 2006
US
Our IT Service Desk is now functioning on Cisco Contact Center Express. We have the CS1000E and the CUCM bridged so folks with Nortel phones can get to folks that have the Cisco phones and vice versa during our transition. (Pretty slick!)

My question is, when we've cut over Non-ACD phones to Cisco, I've just outed their Nortel/Avaya TNs. However, with ACD phones, like the IT Service Desk contact center (Avaya Aura CC), I've de-acquired the sets in AACC and outed the Service Desk CDN.

Seems to me that this should be sufficient to keep calls out of their old contact center. May be a silly question, but any reason I'd need to out their ACD (contact center) phone TN's?

If you remove the CDN there will be no call routing on the old AACC. I am assuming that you are directing calls to those CDN's to the Cisco now. You don't need to remove the ACD sets if you are not routing. They shouldn't get calls, unless there is some type of routing to the ACDN on those phones.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back