Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decommissioning A G650 Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

chance428

Technical User
Oct 25, 2011
US
Hey Guys,
Sort of stumped on this one.
I am down to the IPSI board , last board on the Gateway.

I have busied the board out and when I try to removed the IPSI board it tells me ( Cannot remove; Must have at least one IPSI monitored by Server Arbitration.)

Not sure what that message means.

I cant get past the about to be able to remove cab.

Any Ideas?

Try doing cha ips 1 (if that's the pn #). There's an ignore connectivity in server arb field. This happened to me as well.. I'm looking back through some notes to see what I did.

The ignore Connectivity in Server Arbitration is set to (N)

With (n) in that field I get that message ( Cannot remove; Must have at least one IPSI monitored by Server Arbitration )

I tried to put a (y) and I get (Must have at least one IPSI monitored by Server Arbitration)

Yeah, you need at least 1! What release? I think you might need to change system ips and disable ipsi control of port networks. The arbiter process is something used in CM duplex to make the servers switch. There has to be at least 1 PN where, if a CM can't see it, swings over the other guy to try. That's the meaning of "server arbitration" in that context.

If you've got CM still knowing it has an IPSI, and IPSI control of PNs, it would reason that it won't let you do that. So, if you disable IPSI control of PNs that might be the step in the middle that you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back