Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

decommission one isa server and deploy another without shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

aron318

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2010
AU
Hi guys

Is there any way i can decommission our current isa 2004 server its installed on virtual win server2k3 with sp4
I have already built the new isa server, rules and network configurations the only problem is i cant afford long down times as we have 700 od end users.
The network is configured so all traffic goes through a stand alone proxy server (web marshal) that is configured to look for an IP address not a dns resolution for the isa box.
New server location is in the same rack as our fiber termination and external router and will connect straight to the router
Old server is located in a different server room and is connected to our core switch that has a wan configuration to connect to external router
what do I need to do to decommission the old isa server and deploy the new one without a shut down.

also is there a good fail safe to fall back on in case things don't go so well and i need the old server back in a hurry?

thanks in advance

Aron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back