Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

decode, grouping in sql question

Status
Not open for further replies.

veronic

Programmer
Apr 6, 2004
US
I have the following SQL:

select
decode(grouping(r.status_desc)+grouping(r.status_code)+grouping(r.AUDIT_DEPT_ID),0, r.status_CODE, 'Total') status_code,
decode(grouping(r.status_code)+grouping(r.STATUS_DESC)+grouping(r.AUDIT_DEPT_ID),0, r.AUDIT_DEPT_ID, NULL) AUDIT_DEPT_ID,
decode(grouping(r.status_code)+grouping(r.status_desc)+grouping(r.AUDIT_DEPT_ID),0, r.status_desc , 'Total') status_desc,
sum(balance_due) as Balance,
sum(amount_due) as Amount,
count(project_number) as Cases,
sum(CUMULATIVE_ADJUSTMENTS) as cumulative_adjustments
FROM facts2_reports.v_reports_balance r, facts2.v_status_grouping_xref x
where balance_due <> 0 and
r.STATUS_CODE_ID = x.STATUS_CODE_ID(+) AND
r.AUDIT_DEPT_ID = ('P')
group by rollup(r.status_code,r.status_desc,r.AUDIT_DEPT_ID)
having grouping(r.status_code)+grouping(r.status_desc)+grouping(r.audit_dept_id) in (0,3)

And I receive:

02 P Available for Audit 500,000.00
07 P Final Report Issued 15,140,453.40
08 P Audit Complete - Collection in progress
Total I have status_ code (first column)and 'P' - audit dep in second column everywhere but last row "Total". I need to have Audit dep for 'Total'. How can I do this???
Thank you

You filter audit dep within the decode, so just remove that.

But why do you use ROLLUP and then filter for unwanted groups instead of a simple:
group by
grouping sets((r.status_code,r.status_desc,r.AUDIT_DEPT_ID)
,())

Btw,
this looks like Oracle code, i'd recommend replacing DECODE with CASE and Oracle style Outer Join (+) with ANSI sytle LEFT OUTER JOIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back