Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decision Stream Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

donafran

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
US
We have Decision Stream 6.5 on a WIN NT server using SQL to download JDE Oneworld data from an As/400 into our Cognos datamart.

I don't know all that much about Decision Stream yet (training next week). So -- here's my question: How do I find WHERE a value for a variable being used in the SQL for one of my table(Customer) builds is stored.

I cna right-click on the Datastream forhte build and view the SQL code...it is a big long select followed by
".....WHERE {$CRIT}"

The logs from running this job show me that it translates to "...WHERE (ABAT1 = 'C ')"

We have a new customer type to add to this. I can't find the place where it says that $CRIT is equal to "(ABAT1 = 'C ')".
I can right-click on the JOB, go to Properties, go to Variables and see the variable named CRIT, but there is NO VALUE associated to it.

Where else can I look to find the "(ABAT1 = 'C ')" ??

Please help !

Never Mind !
I found it in the SQL Server Enterprise Manager CONFIGPARAMETERS table.

Thanks anyway!

hi, i'm still in the process of studying decision stream. i already have a business problem to resolve though. we need to generate a report that retrieves data from an oracle database (snowflake schema). the report lists all countries grouped by region, and their GDP growth rate. to get this GDP growth rate, i need to have current year's GDP and the previous year's GDP of each country. how do i do derive the previous year's GDP? this may be simple to experts but for decision stream beginners like me, i'm at a loss. i would have easily done this through a SQL statement but how do i implement this in decision stream. pls help. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back