Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decision Stream - FileCheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkTraveller

Technical User
Mar 8, 2004
CA
Hello All.
I've used DS for a while now to ETL data, but mostly from RDBMS tables of one form or another with some .xls and .csv files thrown for good measure.
I'm trying to find out if I can use the FileCheck functionality in a condition node to establish if there are .csv files in a specified folder.
To this end I'm useing '*.csv' in the FileCheck syntax, but it really doesn't seem to like that.The files that are dropped in that folder are all .csv files, but they have the client name concatinated with the system date as the name (ie.DCM_20080211211216). Once the node is 'true' then I have to kick off the specific build that deals with that client by parsing the first few characters of the file name (each client has a slightly different format to their .csv drop format. Once the build is finished extracting the info, I want to move the file to another folder.
The moving of the file seems straight forward (Procedure node with "System({$v_move_cmd})" in it) but the FileCheck and file name parse is beyond me.
The DEF files that I'm using reference the specific folder and quite easily accept the * wildcard character for any file in that folder.
Am I barking up the wrong tree here, and should I be doing this 'verify then move' step in DOS first then kicking off the DS process from there?
As always, any and all help is appreciated.
-D.

Misce stultitiam consiliis brevem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back