Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decimal Places for a Duration (ex. 1h 15min)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobman

Vendor
Sep 8, 2004
US
I have a form from which a user enters meeting details. along othe things, the duration (how long the meeting lasted needs to be enterd) for example if it took 1 hour and 14 minutes, the user will enter 1.15 and if it is 1 hr and 45 min the user will enter 1.75. The problem I am having is I don't know where the correction needs to be made. When I pring a report, it keeps rounding the numbers for ex. 1.15 to 1.00. I want it to stay as it is because latter on I want to print a report detailing all the meeetings and how long they took. Also on the report I want a total time (adding all the meeting durations together) to give me a lump sum of the hours. Any help would be appreciated.

hobman

Open your table in design view. In your duration field change the data type to a number.

Set field size to "Double", set format to "Standard", set decimal places at "2".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back