Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Debugging/Tracing in 8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhlavenka

Programmer
Feb 6, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to do an SQL/PeopleCode trace or a PeopleCode Debug from within PeopleSoft 8.4? In 8.4, they've taken away all of the "Go" menu options from 2 tier, so any debugging/tracing must be done from within the PIA. We've enabled tracing in our configuration.properties file, but this forces you to trace EVERYTHING from the time you log in to the time you log out. I want the ability to trace only a small bit of code (like in version 8.0 and before)

Thanks for the help.
Mark Hlavenka
mhlavenka@buyprimesource.com

Mark,

If/When you find the answer to this question, would you please post it for the rest of us. My shop is currently bringing up 8.3 so we don't have that issue yet. Not sure how I could survive without being able to step through PeopleCode.

Thanks

Rekclaw

1. In your APPSRV, you must enable debugging.
2. In 8.4, make sure that you set the port # to 9500 (any other port will not work). This means that you cannot debug two different app at the same time (ex. CRM and SCM). PS is currently working on a fix for that.
3. Log into PS 3-tier as a unique user (other than VP1, PS, etc).
4. Log into PS PIA with the same unique user ID.
5. When you want to start debugging, navigate to Debug->PeopleSoft Debugger Mode within your 3-tier connection.
An iScript window should appear.
6. Set your breaks and begin navigating in your PIA. All PeopleCode navigation should appear in your 3-tier connection.

In the PS8.4 PIA navigate to /peopletools/utilities/debug/trace sql

In PS8.3 you will have to enable trace in the configuation.properties file. Then select the trace hyperlink below the password field *before* loggin in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back