Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Debugging ASP VB6 DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumbelie

Programmer
Dec 31, 2002
GB
Right, This should be simple, but it's not - it's causing me endless grief. Basically, I have an ultra simple ASP page, and an ultra simple DLL with a single class. I have created an 'application' directory in IIS, and pathed it to my simple asp page. When I launch the ASP page, it instansiates my VB6 dll, runs a method I call, and terminates displayign the output on the browser - all perfect. However, I now want to debug 'out-of-process?' the DLL, as the ASP page is displayed. So I can make use of VB's breakpoints etc to find any bugs in my DLL as it's being executed. Problem is - I can't seem to do this, and I really don't see why (I know it can be done). If I put VB into 'RUN' Mode, and fire up my browser I get an :

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0178 (0x80070005)
The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.
/BOMDN/Default.asp, line 6

Error. If I stop VB (take it back to design mode), and execute the ASP page - wallah, it works fine. I just cannot understand what is wrong. FYI I'm using windows XP with IIS. I use a simple text editor for my ASP writing - NOT Interdev, but this should not matter.

Anyway, if any kind soul could help with some step by step advice it'd be fantastic. It's driving me nuts.

Many Thanks

Yum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back