Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Debugging a clipper application

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy2

Programmer
Oct 25, 2001
BS
Hi

Help. I'm running Win98 v4.1, clipper 5.3b, I compiled with cl53 prgname -b I restarted in DOS mode but cant invoke the debugger with ALT+D

Thanks

Hi

No i hadnt, i just included it at the top of the main prg
(#include cld.lib) file . The compiler is giving error messages "cld.lib(lineno) Error C2004 Illegal character..."

Hey !
mxPavel did not think like you.

You must include cld.lib in you link file
Example: Blinker fi Main LIB CLD

Lets see...

The things you can INCLUDE in a PRG file are text files with #define's, #translate's and other preprocessor commands, but you can not include a LIB file!

Why? Because a lib file is a binary collection of compiled code...

So, in order to run the debugger using ALT-D you must place an instruction call in your LINK SCRIPT (or link file, as Bismir calls it).

;)

I'm sorry...I dont mean to ask stupid questions....on the other hand, yes I do:)

Okay to compile my clipper app I run the cl53.bat file.

The link section is:
clipper\bin\exospace file main
del main.obj

Where do I put the instruction call? Also if I make changes to a single .prg how can I incorporate that into an existing obj? leaving the other compiled code as is?

Thanks again.

Just write:
IF your program start with ex: FUNCTION Main() you must include switch /n , like: clipper main /n /b but if not

clipper main /b
exospace fi main lib cld

Now you have included debuger into your exe
After you start your application you can call debuger if you use combination Alt+D
I hope you finally know how

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back