Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Debugging a class library

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendas

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
I am lost somewhere with this. I have a class library and a program tha references the class library. Both are progresses in the works.

I did read something that I could point my class library to an .exe or url, but my calling project is not at that point.

But I found I can just run the program in debug and it will step into the library.

All is well until I forget that I am in debug mode in my project and attemp to make code changes to the library. It lets me, but from then on I seem to be looking at some other source code during the debug session. It does not take on the changes if I rebuild the CL and then the project. It states that the source code is different but I am using an older version and when I look at it, it is what I tried to change while in debug mode.

If I delete the dll and re-add it, it can not find any source code to use to debug with.

I can rename the project & then rebuild a new project & load in the code from the old, and re-reference the dll.. But what a pain...

Is there any other way to point the prgram back to the correct class library source code??? Or a safer way to debug the library with a project that is not deployed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back