Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Debug with Microsoft Development Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2005
CA
Hi there

Before I was able to use Microsoft Devleopment Environment to debug my asp code. I did that by going to Microsoft Development Environment 6.0, go to Debug menu -> Processes, and will see inetinfo.exe and then I can attach it.

But lately, (and I don't know if it's got anything to do with the fact that I have recently installed Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti Virus) when I opened the Processes window, the list is blank, and the Machine drop down is also empty. If I hit Properties or Refresh, I'll get the
"Development Environment has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" error, and the app will close.

If I hit the Machine button, even if I find the machine, it'll say "Unable to connect to the machine"

Has anyone had similar problems before? It's hard not to be able to debug ASP pages.

Thanks
CC

Check the Interdev forum: forum117
I think if you search for "Norton" you will find that this is a known issue.

I actually prefer to debug with Response.Write and Response.End ... so maybe in the long run you will agree!

I don't use project though, I have all individual asp files and I just start the debugger that way to trap one of the many ASP pages that I need to debug.

Would uninstalling the whole Symantec help?

as Sheco pointed out...it would be best to ask your question in the Interdev forum...i am sure you would get the correct answer for your situation...

-DNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back