Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

debian screen distorts after a whil

Status
Not open for further replies.

keak

Programmer
Sep 12, 2005
CA
Hi there,

I have a debian installation and when i boot up the system, everything seems fine.

However, after a random time (sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes an hour), the screen distorts and becomes really fuzzy making me not able to read what's on the screen?

Has anyone encountered similar problems? I am guessing is a screen refresh rate or something.

If you guys can give me pointers as to where to look at that will be really great.

Thanks.

This could be any number of things, but most likely your video card/monitor setup.

Take a look at your manual for your monitor (or Google it you can't find it) and find the Horizontal and Vertical refresh rates. Manually enter these in your xorg.conf.

If you have an nvidia or radeon card install the drivers for it. You can find documentation at debian.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back