Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Debian Linux "stretch" DHCP issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoPath

Technical User
Aug 11, 2009
US
Need some help with a weird issue I'm fighting with... I have some "all-in-one" PC's that are purpose-built for a dispatch console system. They run on Debian Linux. They worked great on Debian 8-Jessie, but we had to update them to Debian 9-Stretch for an updated software package. Here in my office, they worked great. When I deployed them to the field, they don't want to work right with the customer's network. Something with the network keeps pushing them to go to DHCP, even though I set them up for a static IP. Something in the system is appending a line "source interfaces.d/vlan" to the end of my interfaces file that's forcing it to use these VLAN settings and DHCP.

Here is the /etc/network/interfaces.d/vlan file that's hijacking my settings:
Code:
auto bond0.552
allow-hotplug bond0.552
iface bond0.552 inet dhcp
vlan-raw-device bond0

auto bond0.552
allow-hotplug bond0.552
iface bond0.552 inet6 dhcp
vlan-raw-device bond0

If I make any changes to this VLAN file, they get overwritten. If I make any changes to the /etc/network/interfaces file, the line "source interfaces.d/vlan gets automatically appended to the end.

My end goal here is to either force the system to use VLAN 551 on DHCP or a static IP. Thoughts/Help??

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

The solution - in the newer software, LLDP is turned on by default. LLDP was hijacking my settings. Disabling LLDP fixed it. I had to log into the terminal and enter "systemctl start stop-lldpd".

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back