Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dealing with Electronic Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

txgeekgirl1

Programmer
Sep 10, 2009
US
We are in a position where we have a series of workers that need to grab "wet ink" signatures onsite and then at times forward those signed docs on via email and have other outside entities "sign".

I have been playing with Word 2010 and on a tablet we can capture signatures with a stylus (much like UPS guy at your door) then save to a PDF (to lock document). Because the document is now a PDF, the people needing to add a signature can only do in Acrobat.

The wet ink signature in Word doesn't "LOCK" the document like it would if you use the electronic signature blocks in Word. (at least I couldn't make it lock)

We need a solution that can stay Word based so the content of that document stays intact and unchanged after first signature.

Any help is appreciated - I know all parties involved will have a flavor of Word - either 2010 or 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back