Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dead partner 308 proc r1.0 model 103G

Status
Not open for further replies.

markbnj

MIS
Jul 7, 2004
US
Hi Folks, have a strange problem.

Did not install this customer, or originally wire it for him.

happened upon a computer customer who apparently has a dead partner 103G (single unit- no chassis expansion) that is apparently DEAD..
(I toned back from extension 10 to the 66block,

The left side does tone out from jack 10 ok
and the right side does hae dial-tone where it is wired (presumably to the Partner)

Customer has one card in the unit, there is no power light (I haven't worked on a partner in about 4 years!) BUT
here are my (VERY DUMB) questions:

1) I would presume that since there is no power light in the center of the module, and nothing happens when I plug a (partner) phone directly into the first
port at bottom (port 10_) that this would mean the UNIT id DEAD..

(I did remove the power cord, and verify it went directly to the wall, to eliminate the power strip and power conditioner.

1a) CORRECT, INCORRECT, OR go directly to jail?

2) Since I am likely going to do a "forklift upgrade" ( replace the Processor, and pray all wiring is still good) I don't need to do anything special, and can get any old 308RX module (as opposed to the R1.0 version.)

Hope that was simple enough!

Now to go and tell the poor guy it can range from $75 to $275 to replace plus programming time/labor...

thanks again
Mark

As long as you're positive that the power outlet is working, then yes the processor is DOA and needs replaced

nothing wrong with proposing a small UPS to protect the CPU from dirty power/surges etc.

At this point, rather than replacing the R1 with another 3x8 processor, why not go with an R8 and get the customer up on the final version of the Partner ACS [ponder]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back