Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dead DS30V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpull

Vendor
Sep 26, 2009
US
Hello,

We brought back a bad DS30V2 to the shop to flash. I followed the instructions and
The unit boots up, it accepts the AT-X2 and AT-X1 commands, but I do not see it trying to retrieve the files from the TFTP server.

I have tried both Manager's TFTP server and SolarWinds.

I see it requesting the HoldMusic.wav, but not the nadcpv2.bin, so I do not believe it is an issue with the TFTP server or the windows firewall (am I right?)

Any ideas?

The only other thing that I can think of is that I grabbed a IP500V2 off the shelf with no licensing, so it states "A valid Software Upgrade license must be configured for this version of firmware. No Essential Edition or Upgrade License Present." Would this stop it from getting the firmware?

Thanks,

Jerry

Load version 5 software, make a offline config with a DS30 module, load it on the IP Office.
power down, attach the module on the programmed slot and power the module first, then after 20 seconds power up the IP Office.
Observe the tftp server, if there are no requests for the bin file then the unit is at total loss, send it to avaya for repair.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back