Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deactivating Tab & Shift+Tab in a program

Status
Not open for further replies.

blumash

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
HU
I have a screen program with a problem , in a certain input field in the Valid is a checkup , if field empty the cursor shouldn't move to the next input field , when pressing the Enter key it's working fine , when pressing the Tab key it's ignoring the Valid statment & MOVING to the next input field , can I lock the Tab key in the program , when Tab key is pressed do nothing ????

Thank's

You can disable the TAB key with :

ON KEY LABEL TAB *
ON KEY LABEL SHIFT+TAB *

but it's an extreme solution that will anger your users. I foresee lots of calls to the HelpDesk saying "My Tab key's broken".

Geoff Franklin

Thank's for your replay , don't wery about the help desk LoL , my users anyway don't work with the Tab key the move around the screen with Enter key.

What is the * sign stand for ???

Thank u

In this case the * is just the begining of a comment line. In other words the TAB just does nothing!

Rick

Rick's right - if you leave out the * then the ON KEY LABEL just makes the TAB key revert to its default behaviour.

Just remember to have an ON KEY LABEL TAB in your closedown code. Otherwise you'll find yourself working in the development environment with a disabled TAB key.

Geoff Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back