Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DE REGISTER SOFTPHONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmilla

Vendor
Apr 12, 2005
US
How do you de-register a soft-phone? Is there a way to set up auto tn assignment for a soft phone or a i2004 phone.

There is no way to auto TN assignment. Once the node and TN are entered, set may restart and work again alone.

If you want to change the TN of the IP set, during restart system ask for Node and TN for 2 seconds. Just press backspace or Clear at this time to change it.

Same for i2050 or i200x

Setting the Node and TN is effectively assigning the phone to a virtual TN in the PBX.

If you want to "de-register" the phone (so you can re-register it to another IPLine card or Signaling Server), you have to pull the power from the phone.
During the reboot, hit keys 0-0-7-* (zero, zero, seven, asterisk). This will take you through the registration prompts. (have your virtual node IP address ready)

By the way, you have to enter 0-0-7-* within one second of the brand "Nortel" appearing on the screen.

Nowhere in the NTP's, but if you have good ears, you can hear a small 'pop' from the speakerphone when the power brings up the circuit board - this happens when the "Nortel" appears on the screen. At the 'pop', this is precisely when you need to put in the 0-0-7-*. Otherwise, you have to reset the power to the phone and try again...

Entering 0-0-7-* is for i2007 only
For all other IP sets you stop boot sequence by pressing the 4 keys under screen from left to right in order when nortel appears.

That is not necessary if you only want to change TN. As i said at the end of boot sequence, just press backspace or Clear at this time to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back