Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

De-activating Call waiting/Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgansauge

Technical User
Jun 30, 2003
US
I bought a VPR Matrix (best buy brand, really nice and expandable) about a year ago and it came with a GTW v.92 voice modem. Anyhow this modem has a Call waiting/caller id feature and it is a bigger pain in the butt than it is helpful. Every time i am downloading and someone calls i get booted or kills my KPS to a crawl for a good peroid of time. Play a game get booted.

Any one have any idea how to disable this? Any help would be great! Thanks.

D. Gansauge

If you are in the states, you should be able to add '*71' or '1171' to the beginning of your dial string in order to block call waiting.

ATDT *71 <isp number>

pansophic

Hi dgansauge,

I have the same problem/issue that you had regarding the call waiting feature for the GTW V.92 voice modem. I have spent countless hours on the phone and through on-line chat sessions with Earthlink, Gateway and Microsoft. No one seems to have an anwser for me, let alone a solution. Everyone is totally cluless.

Your solution to add +PCW=2 in the extra settings space under modem properties seems relatively simple.

However, I'm not sure where to add the "+PCW=2 under the extra settings space under modem properties.

However,under my computer modem properties I do not have an "extra setting" tab. It might be called somethig else.

Can you help me out with this? I'm running Windows XP, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Pamela
pamf2@earthlink.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back