Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDR files not copying to CAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2003
US
This line from the NTLGDSCA.LOG file on the Logon Points says it all:

~Site 220: CopyFile D:\SMSLOGON\DDR.box\XPIBFRQC.DDR to \\PHX_ADMIN\SMS_220\inboxes\ddm.box\XPIBFRQC.DDR failed error 5

DDRs are building up in the DDR.BOX folder on the Logon Points, but are not transferring to the CAP and giving the above error (both logon points). I don't see any permissions issues. The "Domain Users" group is a member of the local "Users" group on the Site Server. The "Users" group has permissions to both the Share and the Folders (NTFS).

I'm at a loss...any ideas?

Thanks!
Dennis

Dennis,

Can you tell me if you managed to find the cause o0f your DDR.BOX problem ?

I'm having similar problems whre my SMSLogon\ddr.box is filling up and not transferring files across to the CAP\ddr.box

Neil

My problem happened when using two domains, one NT4 domain and one AD dopmain with two way trusts setup. The DC's in the NT4 domain worked fine and processed the *.ddr records but the AD DC's had a backlog of .ddr files (14,000).

Found out what the problem was, the service "SMS NT Logon Discovery" was not running and was unable to start. This was becaue the user "SMSLogonsvc" did not have the rights to logon as a service and was also not a member of the Domain Local Administrators group.

By granting the correct permissions and then starting the service on all DC's concerned all the *.ddr records were processed. SMS uses the account "SMSLogonsvc" to interact with the SMS Server and forward on these .DDR records.

Hope this helps out somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back