Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDM.BOX full & overloading server on large AD domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchy36

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2002
SE
We have recently moved SMS into a large European domain with roughly 57 000 objects in the domain. The site config is 5 secondary sites and primary site all in same domain and all AD domain controllers. My sites only cover a small part of the domain and use site boundaries relating to subnets on the domain. This is fine for client assignment and client installation however being a large domain, all objects outside the boundaries are also discovered and I think this is the reason why I have 68000 ddr records in the ddm.box on the primary site. My server can't cope and keeps crashing. How can I limit the ddr's and is it possible to just delete the contents of ddm.box?
Note: Network discovery is not turned on although all other discovery methods are.

A couple thoughts:

It's best not to have more discovery turned on than you need.

Consider adjusting SQL server memory settings so that it doesn't hog up all the memory (perhaps giving SQL server about 65% control).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back