Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDI Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil204

Technical User
Apr 13, 2011
GB

I have a programming issue on a 3300.

Scenario

DDI number is 465584, trunk attributes are stripping the first 2 digits off, and the system is a 4 digit number plan.

5584 is an ARS entry (so not a physical DN), so when dialled routes through via BRI link to a DeTeWe OpenCom 130 Dect unit.

Problem is DDI number 465584 is a fax number which should be hitting 1584.

I have tried various programming steps but they all affected dialling 5584 internally, obviously I could change the DECT number 5584 to another number and change the fax internal number 1584 to 5584 but thought I'd check to see if anyone has any ideas.

In your trunk attributes you can insert digits. Make sure the digits you insert do not match any other known string.

#*# for example.

Now in your speed call table, create a speedcall that will match EVERY active DDI on your system and in the actual digits, input the digits to be dialed on the system.

System receives 465584
Trunk Attributes strip 2 digits and insert #*# (Digits now #*#5584)
System Speedcall #*#5584 dials internal number 1584.
Done.

Make sure you have a complete record of ALL of your DDI's before implementing this change.

I would import the speedcalls first and then modify the Trunk Attribute form.

Zero downtime.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Cheers thats a great help, much appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back