Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDI Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

merios

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
AU
I have a 30 channel pri which I have asked my telco to configure up a second range of DDI numbers to go down this channel.
What changes do I need to make to my option 11c?

i have never done this myself but i have seen it done
you will need access to LD 14 & LD 16, so that you can expand the channels and you will also need extra TN's...

are you in the UK ??

Colin

I have extra TNS .. but I thought I would only need as many as I was going to configure to a set.

What is meant by expanding the channels?

yes I am in the UK.

cheers

i assumed that you were only using some of your channels..
if you have all 30 chanells up and running then there will be no work for you to do,, your telco will just point the new numbers to your site..
is BT doin this for you.;..??

Colin

ok .. sounds good to me... so should I be able to see spare DN's based on the new range ?

BT?. no, worse - c&w!

you will only be able to use existing spare DN's that are availble on the switch...

Colin

actually you can do an IDC table and receive any number from the telco they have. Just convert them to your internal numbers available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back