Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDFs do not reveal all data files/fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
I am working with a Btrieve 6.15 application (Peachtree Complete Accounting 2002) where the DDFs that come with the product do not show all the files and fields that are available. As a result I am limited in terms of what I can do with Crystal Reports, MS Access, etc.

Is there a btrieve tool out there that can read the .dat files and make a complete set of DDFs? Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

There are several 3rd party tools, each of which has problems, however, the tools that Pervasive typically uses are Butil.exe and the 32-bit Function Executor. Any tool reading the data files directly will only get the data type for the indexed fields. All the other fields you have to guess at their length and data type becuase Btrieve doesn't need to know and doesn't care about these sections of the record. You also might try using some tools from the Pervasive Component Zone.

Regards,
Pervasivite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back