Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDF files for RealWorld Accounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

feeple

Programmer
Jun 12, 2005
US
Anyone out there have Btrieve DDFs for RealWorld? Know who does?

:)

Site: Location: SF Bay Area

We have the RW v8.6 source code and can transfer Netware Btrive data to MS SQL for create OLAP cube.

If you cannot track down the DDF files you can take a look at BtSearch32 at which will help you analyze the structures and builds the DDF files.

Gil

We've already corresponded, Gil.

Btsearch is a great tool, I hope you're getting lots of traction with it. You're doing a hell of a job promoting it. However, I'm simply too lazy to go through and try to guess column names, etc. Pre-built definitions are out there somewhere, I just need to find the right person.

Had I the DDFs (or the COBOL), I'd have some prayer of discerning column names/types accurately. However, all I have is the definition files for the IQ reports shippped with the product. A Java parser I wrote for looping through the the IQ files has yielded me a lot. Nonetheless, Butil, a custom parser, and a lot of late nights have gotten me to the point of extracting a few million row records to work with.

Appreciate the tip!

Poncholo,

How do you propose to help? What would you require to send me the DDF files you have?

Thx.

feeple,
which is your email address? I will send the DDFs by email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back