Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDF file

Status
Not open for further replies.

emax6

MIS
Dec 7, 2005
US
I have a file B.BTR that shows in the file folder. There is no reference for this file in any DDF. Is there a way I can access this file and How should I do it.
I know the kind of info I should find here, but I do not know the way to access it.
Thanks in advance.

Is this from a third party application? If so, contact the vendor and get updated DDFs that describe all of the data files.
If it's a custom app and you know the exact record structure, then you can define the table structure for DDFs.
You can do this a number of ways including a "CREATE TABLE" SQL statement through the PCC (or other ODBC enabled application), The Create Table Wizard, or a third party DDF Builder. Which method you use will depend on the version of PSQL you are using and also your comfort level (I prefer SQL statements over a DDF Builder but others prefer to avoid SQL statements).

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician
Custom VB and Btrieve development.

This file was added at one time in by a third party apps. The last date is pretty old, and I can ask the vendor since this file do not show in the ddf I have.
I will create a SQL to create the table, as DDF are something I am not very familiar, just know they are her.
Thanks.

If you need to analzye the structure you can take a look at BtSearch32 at There is also a video of creating a DDF file on the support button.

Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back