Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDF builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
I'm using Pervasive SQL v11 for Workgroups. I go into the DDF builder and I get this message:

Scalable SQL V3.00 Data Dictionary Files Detected, Please convert the DDFs to v4.00 with the Perasive SQL v4.00 Conversion Utility.

I cannot find this utility anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get this?

Software Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

After checking with my contact at Pervasive, I've found that that tool doesn't work and isn't available. Best suggestion from Pervasive was to create a new set of DDFs and then use those to create the table definitions.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Creating a database using either PCC, DDF Builder or the CREATE DATABASE command will create DDFs if you point to a directory that does not have DDFs.

Mirtheil

It won't know the table structure of any data files. Creating a new database in an empty directory will create empty DDFs. Once you've created the DDFs, you can use CREATE TABLE statements, DDF Builder, or DTI/DTO to create table definitions.

Mirtheil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back