Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDF Builder for Actian fka Pervasive SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Actian DDF Builder is included with the Actian Zen Client / engine. It's called "Zen DDF Builder". Personally, I prefer using CREATE TABLE statements to create the tables within a database or get the DDFs from the vendor of the application.

Mirtheil

Mirthiel,

Glad you are still around. I used to be here fairly often when Macola used Pervasive SQL, and you always had great insight and advice.

This project is a bit of a one-of. Sage 50, fka Peachtree, has historically hidden large parts of the database from the DDFs (for reasons that are not entirely clear). This makes it very tough for consultants like me. This has manifest itself in an inability to create Excel Power Queries or Crystal reports in way too many cases.

Given enough time and sufficiently robust Sage 50 databases, I am going to write the DDFs to facilitate this reporting.

I searched high and low for this assuming someone had beat me to it, but I cannot find it anywhere. If you are aware of anyone out there who has developed full DDFs for Sage 50/Peachtree, please fill me in.

Macola and SAP Business One Consultant
Check out our Macola tools:

I'm reaching out to a few contacts I have from my Pervasive SQL days to see if any of them are aware of a good set of DDFs for Sage 50. If I find anything, I'll let you know.

Mirtheil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back