Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDE commands and Air Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

msuguy71

Technical User
Apr 22, 2003
US
I can't seem to figure out how to correctly format the DDE commnads for Air Messenger and Access. Basically I want to take a variable (ie: address) and send it to the paramedics (ie: staff1 and staff2) pagers when they have a call by clicking a button. I know who to set up the command button and what not but not the vbscript with DDE. Here is what I have so far:

Private Sub lbladdress_Click()

Dim address as string
Dim channum as longintger
Dim staff1 as string
Dim staff2 as string

appAccess.DDEInitiate(AirMsgr, DDECommand)
appAccess.DDEExecute(channum, SENDSSUBSCRIBER (staff1,address))
appAccess.DDEExecute(channum, SENDSSUBSCRIBER (staff2,address))
DDETerminate (channum)

I am pretty sure that I don't have it set up right but I tried. :)

Can someone help me? I have included the airmessenger help topic for reference.

Thanks,
Rick

Air Messenger supports a wide variety of DDE Commands and functions. DDE allows other applications such as Microsoft Excel™ to send messages through Air Messenger. The following is a list of command that are currently supported by Air Messenger Pro.

Application Name Desktop: AirMsgr
Application Name Service: AirMsgrNtSvrc
Topic Name: DDECommand

Note: Depending on the state of the application will depend on which DDE Name to use. If you are running the application in Service Mode then your DDE Application Name will be AirMsgrNtSvrc and if you are running in Desk Top Mode you would use AirMsgr for the DDE Application Name.

Link Execute Commands:

SENDSUBSCRIBER(SubscriberName,Message)

This will send a message to the Subscriber name. This command requires that the Subscriber already be entered in the Subscriber list.

SENDSSUBSCRIBER(SubscriberName,Message)

This will send a message to the Shared Subscriber name. This command requires that the Subscriber already be entered in the Subscriber list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back