Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDDW does nothing when I click down arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statey603

Programmer
Nov 10, 2009
US
I have a dropdown datawindow [dddw] that gets populated with a list of towns for our state.
There are no retrieval argument - just select all from our Town_tbl.
This dddw is actually 3 columns, town_nme, zip and town_id where town_ids are unique.
The dddw gets populated via a function call in my ue_retrieve for the master dw.
The dddw is assocated with the town_id column of the master dw via its EDIT property.
When the screen opens, the dddw correctly shows the matching town name for the town_id in the master dw.

However, when I click on the dddw at runtime, it does not show the town list....nothing happens.

// code to populate dddw - gets called from dw_master.ue_retrieve
adw_datawindow.GetChild("INDIVIDUAL_TBL_MAIL_TOWN_ID", ldwc_town_list)
ldwc_town_list.SetTransObject(sqlca)
ldwc_town_list.Retrieve()

I've checked the row count of the dddw after the retrieve and confirmed that the dddw actually is getting populated [387 in this case].
li_rc = ldwc_town_list.RowCount()

I also have checked it in the item clicked event for dw_master town_id column and count still shows items there.

I checked and the dddw update properties are good - allow updates and all fileds are listed.

I verified that the clicked event happens and identifies the town_id field.

I appreciate any assistance, recommendations, etc.

thanks

Thanks MBalent.
That was it.
The dddw had a tab order of zero.
I changed it to a valid positive number and now it works !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back