Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCS two sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXDUDE21

Technical User
Sep 1, 2006
US
I have two sites and i would like to DCS them together. Here is the problem. One sites dial plan 5 digit and the other is 6 digit is thier a way to do this with out changing the 5 digit site up to 6 digit. Thanks

PBXDUDE21,

if there's no overlapping dial plan sections, it's easy, use uniform dial plan and you have it. if dial plans oversect, you're in trouble.

hjust make sure that the DCS feature is activated on your system.

mwooks

Dwalin, I kind of understand but could you explain more. Our do you mean if the 5 digit extensions are in the same range as the 6 digit if you were to delete the 6th digit. and if that is what you are saying what would be the next step into DCS the two sites. they are both 8710's just one with 6 digit and the other with 5. thanks.

Avaya only supports DCS in a 4-digit or 5-digit environment. For consistancy, all locations should have the same extension length. You can do UDP with ISDN-PRI and get names display but that is not true DCS. If you want to use all of the DCS features you must be either 4 or 5 digit.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back