Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCPROMO failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb5vrd

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
US
Hi all and thanks in advance for your input. I have a 500 computer 2500 user AD network running on one DELL PowerEdge 2450. I have setup a small DELL PowerEdge 1300 with a RAID array and W2k Advanced Server. The difficulty is that when I run the active directory install wizard it errors out saying it cant locate the domain. I have added the new server to the domain, so it has to be able to authenticate with the existing domain controller. The inital domain controller (DELL PowerEdge 2450) is running DNS for the domain. All the hosts are getting their IP's off of a NT4 DHCP box, internet access is through a remote proxy NT4 box.
Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks

R. Henson CCNA,CCAI,MCP

I don't believe there is a neccessity to setup AD on your new server because AD should be handled fine by your DC. Joining it to the domain should give you administrative access (if that is what you need) to AD administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back