Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dcount with Different criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnj

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
US
I have a report that simply has first name, last name and the division they are in, Either Div 1, 2 or 3,

I want to total the number of people in each Division. What started off as a simple task I thought, has become a headache.

I started with(for example):
=Dcount("[Div]","Gen Info","[Div]="1"")where Gen Info was the table. This totaled all the 1's in the table not the report. I replaced the table with the queryname in the dcount function. . This came up #error.

I tried =abs(sum([div]="1")), but this only works in the detail, and having to total all 3 div, would increase the line spacing.

Any direction or solution would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
John

Couldn't you put your control for the summation in the detail, then sum the control in a group footer grouped on "div", and set the detail as not visible or "cancel print"? That way only your group totals would print.

Assuming Div is a text field, this expression should work in report or group headers or footers:
Code:
 =abs(sum([div]="1"))
If Div is numeric, try:
Code:
 =abs(sum([div]=1))
This will not work in the page sections.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Thx dhookom that solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back