Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCOMConnection message: "Server execution failed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

criss7

Technical User
May 5, 2006
RO
I really need help...
I wanted to build a client/server aplication.
I builded the server application which contain a form and a remote data module. Finnally I installed the server application on a computer and I register the aplication with command ex: "appserver /regserver". I add the database alias in BDE administrator for the database access.
Now I want to build a client application which will run on different computer than the server application.
I registred the application server on the client computer next mode: I browsed in network neighboorhod to server computer, server application path and just I double clicked the server application.
I ran dcomcnfg.exe on the client computer and in DCOM config the server application is added. BUT in location tab is checked "Run application on this computer".
Question: Is it correct???
Next I builded the client application, I added a data module, in data module I put a TDCOMconnection component and
when I try to set Connected property to true I receive the message: "Server execution failed." Why?? Where I made the mistake?
Question: On the client computer, in BDE administrator setting, I must add the database alias and the path, like on the server computer??
I really don't know what I must do. If somebody can help me, please help a begginer.Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back