Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCOM vs MTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molema

Programmer
Apr 4, 2002
ZA
I have created a client/server application that uses MTS. I want to include notifications using events in this application.(I have been unable to find specific examples of MTS Components using events)
But I have been told that you are required to set up DCOM (using Dcomcnfg) in a certain way on the Server and client to allow events to work.Which I have done, but I also had to remove all authentication checking from MTS to get it to work. Firstly I am not too sure if this is the correct way of going about it.
But is it not possible to set up your component entirely in MTS to cater for this instead of changing DCOM's default settings.

u said u r working on client/server application .
if it is a window based application ie. u r not using ASP, then u can do thid by simply using a ActiveX dll having some events.
When u r going to instantiat it do it using withevents keyword like this.It will work even with MTS, where u will not register but MTS register uy dll file automatically.

Dim Withevents MyObj as MyDLL.MyClass
set MuObj=new MyDLL.MyClass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back