Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCom Updates with Interfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingNo

Programmer
Mar 16, 2001
AT
Hi !

I use a dcom server with an implemented interface.
How I must use the client in visual basic to update the server without any error ?? I have started an test with an DCom-Server exe and register it on one PC. Then i create a simple client to call the dcom server. So on no problem. But when i move the server to an other directory i can't reconnect to the server. I want to change the server dynamic because i don't know where the server will be located in runtime. What i have to do to get connected from the client to the server over the net ?? I use dcomcnfg to do it. But sometimes there are more than one entries for my server so how can i delete the old entries ??

... one addition:
The idea behind is to perform an update of the Dcom Server
only by overwriting it. So on no problem, but i want to do it manually by another programm.
How can i register/unregister a ActiveX Exe DCom Server on the Server Side and how can i connect then dynamically (( or set the client to the new DCom Server ...))
Best would by dynamic with createobject but it doesn't work correctly. What i have to do with the vbr & tlb files, because the interface should never be changed but the application internal do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back