Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCOM on Windows 98 using NetBEUI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

janrachel

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2001
BE
I'm trying to run DCOM on a small Network of 4 PC's using NetBEUI protocol but when i try to create the object instance, by using set X = CreateObject("MyObj.MyClass","MYSERVER") it failed ... or the object is created and installed on the server. Even if i try to create an instance of the object by OLE Viewer it always falled

Hope, you will understand my English cause i'm a french speaking Thx

Don't know if this will help, but we always use TCP/IP for network protocol. We do know that some others will work, but TCP/IP really works well.

A little more detail.

When we install our data access tier on the client machine we must install MDAC. The ole provider for SQL Server sets itself up to run via named pipes. We change that to TCP/IP by running CLICONFG.exe.

Of course, this only has to do with communiction between ADO and the database. DCOM itself needs TCO/IP.

Thx, Now i'm using Windows2000 and everything is ok just like you told me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back